Thursday, December 10, 2009

Never try to cut haircut costs

This post is fairly self indulgent (well, I suppose no more than usual). The past few days, I've realized that there are now three things that I will never, ever skimp on:
One, beds and all things related (I am, of course, referring to pillows and linens).
Two, mouthwash and/or floss (my teeth and I have been through some tough times).
Three, haircuts (please see below).

A few days ago, I chopped off all my hair and in an effort to be economical (yes, cheap, what have you) I went to a place that I was not familiar with. Yup, in this case bargain was synonymous with disastrous; the cut looked like it was done with a hatchet: very graduate chic, and really, not at all cute. 24 hours later (and a restless night of sleep, although, that might be related to the host of other assorted sleep issues that I've been having) I found myself at a lovely salon (which I knew was lovely though I was far too freaking frugal to go to in the first place). And, there you have it, here I am, 48 hours and 4 inches of hair later. It's cute. And, in the end, rather costly. Great...

One paper and 3 days left before I'm on a redeye flight to JFK. Three fabulous weeks of vacation, and I cannot wait. Boston, Vermont, Long Island...

No comments:

Post a Comment