Friday, October 2, 2009

Study Break

Alright, big surprise here, so get ready: Grad school is a ton of work. What I mean by "work" is an absolute boat load of reading. Yeah, yeah, everyone tells you that... Then you attend your first two classes only to find out that you have two papers and over 200 pages of reading to do, in less than a week. Granted, this will help fill the free time between classes (having lived here only about two weeks, I still lack "friends", not counting my roommates), as will my work-study.

I was fortuitous enough to land a Development position with the Henry Art Gallery, which will hopefully be a nice change of pace to class. I can also tip my cap to United Way, for providing me with ample experience to snag said job. Though the office is less than half the size, I can only hope that the employees there are half as fun and fabulous as my old co-workers.

Photo note: The above is a delicious soy chai latte, which quelled my thirst and caffeinated me in order to power through Part I of Ben Franklin's autobiography. Don't be jealous; it's scintillating. If you think you might have spotted a leaf in that foam, you'd be correct. It did have a nicely crafted rosetta leaf in it... Right before I drank it.

1 comment:

  1. how about your surprise and happiness at a little visit by your one and only monker?

    ReplyDelete