Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer Asserts Itself

Today we embarked upon what weather forecasters predict will be a week long heat wave in the greater Puget Sound region. This means hot, hot and HOT, and at least 5 degress hotter in the blazing sun (dude, the sun is stronger out here, I kid you not). My, it is hot out there, especially between 3pm and 7pm, and especially when you're idiotically biking back from the gym, an entire route of uphillness, along some of the busiest and most congested streets in North Seattle, already tired and exhausted from your workout (and, well, mildly hungover from the previous evening's shenanigans, but that's neither here nor there). But, I digress...


Yes, it's true; my new room is "garden level", and yes, that's a snazzy synonym for basement. HOWEVER, as the rest of Seattle suffers through 90+ degree heat, stuffy 1st or even 2nd floor living spaces, and insomnia inspiring ill-circulated bedrooms, I'm coming to realize some subtle benefits of my new spacious digs (please see accompanying photos for proof).



  • Well lit? Check.
  • Spacious? Oh, indeed.
  • Privacy? Coming out my ears.
  • Temperate, dry, and comfortable? Yes, yes AND yes.

So, in summary, perhaps folks should give the garden level a chance, or at least some consideration in a positive light. You know, I think I might even employ the use of my comforter tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment